La respiration thoracique provoque ou aggrave souvent des douleurs thoraciques et tout ce qui peut l'accompagner.
Chest Breathing Often Causes or Worsens Chest Pain and Whatever Else May Come Along With it.
JULY 20, 2023
Chest breathing, or more specifically, high chest dominant breathing, often causes or worsens chest pain.
Stand and look into a mirror or close your eyes and feel what occurs or ask someone to observe you.
Put your right hand on your belly and your left hand on your chest. Take a very deep breath, as deep as you can. When you breathe in very deeply:
- Do you raise your rib cage?
- Do you raise your shoulders?
- Do your neck muscles bulge out?
- Then you used your chest too much to breathe.
- Try it again with a quick breath (sniff) through your nose. Did the hand on your belly move? If not, then you used your chest too much to breathe.
Chest breathing often brings a sense of struggle to breathing, a behavior that should otherwise seem automatic, effortless, and easy.
Chest breathing often triggers muscle posturing, which can result in tension and pain, even headache.
Chest breathing is inefficient, labor intensive, and can make breathing seem difficult, even exhausting.
Chest breathing requires faster breathing, which can make it seem like you're running a race and makes you anxious.
Chest breathing makes the completion of exhaling difficult and may make you feel breathless and worried about getting the next breath.
Chest breathing makes you feel confined, restricted, and trapped, setting the stage for making you feel defensive and insecure.
Chest breathing may quickly deregulate body chemistry.
Chest breathing "requires" that you "take" a breath! Intentional breathing, conscious or unconscious, may too often interfere with basic reflexes.
Most Popular Articles
Feb 10, 2022
The Optimal Breathing
Self Mastery Kit
Breathing & Oxygen Articles
- Mold Could Be in Your Home Right Now. Are You at Risk?
- Beat Work Stress the Right Way
- Bad Breathing Causes Asthma- Here's What to Do!
- Optimal Breathing, Autism & Brain Development
- Why Breathe Better? Bad Breathing Makes You sick or Sicker. Learn To Breathe Better Now
- Cure your Breathing Problems with Breathing Exercises
Meet & Work With Our Practitioners
Get personal help to improve your health
Get expert coaching and guidance from our Optimal Breathing experts.
Whether you are looking to have an Integral Breathwork expert, Voice Coach
or someone who specializes in anxiety or depression, look no further.