Pack d'huile de ricin
Castor oil has a long history of traditional medical use dating back to ancient Egypt. Derived from the castor bean (Ricinus communis), the oil was once used internally as a laxative but is now primarily used externally due to its potential toxicity.
How it works
A castor oil pack is placed on the skin to increase circulation and to promote elimination and healing of the tissues and organs underneath the skin. It is used to stimulate the liver, relieve pain, increase lymphatic circulation, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion.
How it is made
Castor oil packs are made by soaking a piece of flannel in castor oil and placing it on the skin. The flannel is covered with a sheet of plastic, and then a hot water bottle is placed over the plastic to heat the pack.
A castor oil pack can be placed on the following body regions:
- The right side of the abdomen to stimulate the liver. Castor oil packs are often recommended as part of a liver detox program.
- Inflamed and swollen joints, bursitis, and muscle strains.
- The abdomen to relieve constipation and other digestive disorders.
- The lower abdomen in cases of menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts.
Castor oil should not be applied to broken skin, or used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or during menstrual flow.
- Three layers of undyed wool or cotton flannel large enough to cover the affected area
- Castor oil
- Plastic wrap cut 1-2" larger than the flannel (can be cut from a plastic bag)
- Hot water bottle
- Container with lid
- Old clothes and sheets. Castor oil will stain clothing and bedding.
1. Place the flannel in the container. Soak it in castor oil so that it is saturated, but not dripping.
2. Place the pack over the affected body part.
3. Cover with plastic.
4. Place the hot water bottle over the pack. Leave it on for 45-60 minutes. Rest while the pack is in place.
5. After removing the pack, cleanse the area with a dilute solution of water and baking soda.
6. Store the pack in the covered container in the refrigerator. Each pack may be reused up to 25-30 times.
7. It can be ozonated.
8. Castor oil will last a couple of years and ozonated should double the life span, and if you keep it in in the refrigerator, the shelf life would be extended and last much longer
Frequency of use
It is generally recommended that a castor oil pack be used for 3 to 7 days in a week to treat a health condition or for detox.
To know more about Castor Oil, visit Majid Ali's MDs blog