Try combining them with an oxygen concentrator. WOW!
Why is rebounding so good for breathing?
First let's differentiate between jumping up and down on a trampoline and the gentle movement and gentle inhaling and exhaling of rebounding that is generally superior to any activity that causes forced breathing.
It’s also good for lung and body cells. Rebounding is a balanced, controlled form of exercise that affects most cells in your body by getting them moving more.
Movement is a key to change. Moving a cell helps it to intake essential nutrients and to eliminate toxic waste products. When you bounce on a rebounder, your entire body (internal organs, bones, connective tissue, and skin) becomes stronger, more flexible, and healthier. Both blood circulation and lymphatic drainage are vastly improved.
Here are some benefits that can be achieved by rebounding without going to the gym, working up a sweat, or ending up with sore muscles and possible injuries.
1. Improves your posture-Moving and standing coordinated with slightly deeper breathing can get you more used to standing more upright and this makes breathing deeper - easier.
2. Squeezes the sponge- A dirty kitchen sponge needs to be immersed in water and squeezed and released and squeezed and released over and over again until the "guk AKA cellular debris " is removed from the lungs. Movement helps squeeze the sponge. So do the techniques in the 176 Video.
3. Relaxes you- One optimal rebound exercise session can cause a gentle but energized fatigue that translates into you feeling relaxed because your body has been worked in balance and delivered energy to parts that now need a little rest. You become less "pent up" and more prone to letting go.
4. Increases alertness- When extra aerobic reserves are created we naturally have more oxygen for better brain function.
5. Makes you feel better about yourself- Think about those times when you’ve been rebounding regularly. Haven’t you felt better about yourself? That feeling of self-worth contributes to improved attitude. The same goes for Optimal Breathing exercises.
6. Reduces depression- Any negative emotion you can breathe through will lose its grip on you. Rebounding makes you breathe more. As you may have learned using the Video 176 and the Secrets of Optimal Natural Breathing Manual, if you breathe more in balance you will most often feel better, including when you are depressed.
7. Helps you sleep more restfully- I have seen thatt people who breathe in a balanced way while exercising moderately more often sleep better than those who don’t.
8. Increase energy- Rebounding or any exercise that requires movement is the next step up from Optimal Energy Program in that it requires more energy expenditure and movement and can therefore be more beneficial to the bones, muscles, nerves and circulation. It is not aerobically as efficient as the pure form of Better Breathing Exercise #2 but it requires more movement and movement aids several systems of the body such as lymphatics and digestion.
9. When properly applied using insights from the 176 Video, rebounding rebalances the nervous system's tendency for stress to over stimulate it and the adrenals. It uses up excess distress-causing adrenaline and helps flush out toxins from throughout the lungs and body.
10. Encourages a healthier diet- People who exercise regularly tend to eat more nutritious food. Good nutrition helps your body's cells replace themselves with stronger cells or at least can reduce or slow down the deterioration of cells that is the primary aspect of aging.
11. GENTLE TO MUSCLES- Tones muscles support the skeleton and make posture more dependable and optimal breathing more reliable.
"The mini trampoline [rebounder] provides a convenient form of exercise with a major advantage being its apparent low level of trauma to the musculoskeletal system." Journal of Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, 1990: 10; 401-408
12. STRONG BONES-"Exercise can be helpful in building and maintaining strong bones. Exercise that forces you to work against gravity – so called weight bearing exercises such as walking or jogging [and rebounding] are beneficial ...If you are at risk for osteoporosis, your doctor will most likely include exercise as part of your overall treatment program." National Osteoporosis Foundation, www.nof.org
13. Heart Health "The findings indicate that exercise on a miniature trampoline may provide a safe, adequate indoor exercise for normal and many cardiac patients of varied ages, if guidelines concerning rate of stepping and height of knee lifts are adhered to." Journal of Medical Science for Sport and Exercise, 1980; 12:118
14. A special surprise in store for you. When you receive your rebounder, email us with the order number and we will send you special exercises that will help you strengthen your speaking and singing voice.
15. For new age thinkers there is a significant mind body spirit integration that occurs using the vocal strengthening exercises.
This all translates into:
- More efficient weight loss
- Increased toxin elimination
- Stronger bones and joints
- Improved immunity
- Faster healing
- Improving sagging skin
- Strengthening postural muscles
- Reducing or resolving back problems
- Lowering blood pressure
- Improving vision caused by poor circulation
- Improving hearing caused by poor circulation
- Decreasing appetite
- Improving digestion
- Enhancing brain function
- Eliminating tiredness
Dr. James White at the University of California San Diego says that rebounding exercise is, "…the closest thing to the Fountain of Youth that science has discovered," and that rebounding "is effective in improving the symptoms of over 80% of the patients reporting to our rehabilitation lab."
"…for similar levels of heart rate and oxygen consumption, the magnitude of the biomechanical stimuli is greater with jumping on a rebounder trampoline than with running, a finding that might help identify acceleration parameters needed for the design of remedial procedures to avert deconditioning in persons exposed to weightlessness." N.A.S.A., Journal of Applied Physiology 49(5): 881-887
Remember that he said "improve". Rebounding is a part of our holistic program, not an end in of itself.
SELECTING A REBOUNDER?
How do you go about selecting a rebounder? One thing you do not want to do is purchase a cheap $50 mini-trampoline at your local sporting goods store. This type of rebounder can actually do you more harm than good.
The cheap tube springs found on most rebounders do not absorb and cushion your weight properly - causing a bounce that is abrupt and jarring. Another problem with cheap rebounders is poor-quality matting material. Cheap mats stretch too much, do not support your feet properly, and potentially place undue stress on your ankles, knees, and back.
Other considerations for a rebounder include the strength of the frame, the height and number of legs, the quality of the sewing that attaches the webbing to the mat, and the ease with which the unit can be folded out of the way or made portable.
To get the Video 176 to make sure you are developing your breathing then you must call us at the 866 My Inhale number. If you already have the Video 176 then you may call us or order online.
Those with a breathing illness may want to try something gentler but should probably give the rebounder a try anyway. Even if you just sit on it, move up and down and try to get the juices flowing; Short bursts of ups and downs that do not leave you short of breath. Clear this with your doctor or respiratory rehab specialist of course.
Needak® rebounders are made in USA
The rebounder is $249.00 plus $20.00 shipping and handling.
There is a money back guarantee within 30 days. If you're not feeling the great benefits of rebounding, return it for a full refund less shipping and handling.
Click here for more information or to order.
A stabilizer bar is available for an additional $49.00.
A special surprise in store for you. When you receive your rebounder purchased through our phone number or link below, e-mail us with the order number and we will send you a special exercise that will help you strengthen your speaking and singing voice.
Click here for more information or to order.
Great idea? Someone needs to invent a generator that runs off of the movement/friction of jumping up and down on a rebounder or stationary bike or treadmill or all three. This should be tied into one's refrigerator so that it needs a certain amount of energy per day to keep it running. This could be expanded into running the entire household as the generator recharges a large(r) battery. mgw